INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC STORIES LTD / WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by Music Stories Ltd trading as Music Stories (“Music Stories”, “we”, “us”). We are a platform for musicians to promote, buy and sell music lessons and performances online and in person (“Services”).
[Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to make additional products and services available to you. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.]
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Other personal information we collect about you include your account details, such as username and login details, and details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media.
For Music Teachers, we also collect personal data including your name, address, email address, date of birth, Curriculum Vitae, profile image(s), ID and DBS Certificate and videos for the purposes of setting up your Music Profile. Your payment information will also be collected to enable the distribution of the Music Teacher Fee.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to provide our Services to you and to fulfil any orders placed through the website (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Create and manage your Music Profile or Account with us;
- Communicate with you about your Account;
- Notify you of any changes to our website or to our Services that may affect you
- Improve our Services
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our Services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your Personal Information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what Personal Information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your Personal Information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your Personal Information is necessary for a contract we have with you
- legal obligation: where our use of your Personal Information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your Personal Information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your Personal Information which overrides our legitimate interests)
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you targeted advertisements or marketing communications at any time by contacting us any time. You may also opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
TRANSFERS OUT OF THE UK AND EEA
We may transfer your Personal Information to external third parties based outside the UK and EEA. In some cases, the laws of these countries do not provide the same level of protection of your personal data as those in the UK.
However, whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK or the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- We use Standard Contractual Clauses that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights. These include rights to:
- access to your Personal Information;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of Personal Information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the Personal Information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of Personal Information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your Personal Information; and
- otherwise restrict our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at email@example.com;
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Music Stories does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from minors. The website and its contents are not intended for minors. In the event we have collected Personal Information from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a minor, please contact us.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent Personal Information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your Personal Information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post using the details provided below:
Flat 4, Stafford Mansions, Haarlem Road, London, LND, W140JJ, United Kingdom